Monday, June 20, 2005
So, where did we leave off …
Oh yeah, the part about where I have a date with the IRS to get audited.

(!)

Yup, y'all read that right -- got my notice Saturday night as she and I barely made it into the crib before passing out, so exhausted were we from dropping a pantsload of cash in Trixieville all afternoon. And I know I should probably be more concerned than I am, but I have an accountant, so no sense in getting my panties in a twist.

Wait, who said that?

In the meantime, the rest of the weekend was stellar; the chickies and me did serious damage, including $83 worth of damage in the Endo-Exo Apothecary on this, this and this; another $80-something on a brown beaded halter and earrings at Arden B, and then $30-something on stuff from Lush, including Buffy the Butt Skin Slayer, which is the best exfoliant EVER, and the Butterball Bath Bomb Mademoiselle Pants is so in love with. With all that exfoliatin' going on, maybe now my self-tanning efforst won't be such an exercise in futility.

So then, we caught the second Peacemakers show at HoB, and if we thought Roger was awesome Friday night, he was ON. FIRE. Saturday night. He was so on fire, we almost turned her into a true rock n' roll believer (But alas, she made Winston listen to show tunes on the way back to his crib.) The only thing that would've made the show better? Stools on which to plant our poor, tired asses.

Then Sunday, Snidgey took off with Newbie, EWK's dog, and according to her, she's made fast friends with Trusty and the feline sisters. Now, let's see if I can keep the crib in its current condition long enough for Snidgey to return for the 4th ...

In the meantime, I know y'all have been dying to hear about DtR, so here goes: We met for coffee, he gave me $200 and ... it wasn't horrible. I mean, I don't forsee myself ever getting involved with him romantically (aside from the fact that he's married, just ... no, and we'll leave it at that), and that in fact was the best part about it: knowing things worked out the way they should have, and those things did NOT involve me being with him. Will we be friends? Well, I guess we'll see after we talk about the "IT."
Saturday, June 18, 2005
We’re all still here … and we LOVE shurman
These two knuckleheads are off at Starbucks getting us fuel for our next excellent adventure: a day of shopping and merriment in Lincoln Park and the Roger Clyne show at HOB which, if it's anything like last night's show, is going to be fucking UNbelievable. Wow. Just ... wow. And shurman!?!? Holy shit. The COOLEST guys you ever want to meet ever. And they ROCK. HARD. And? They totally wanted to come out and party with us AFTER THE SHOW! Too bad we thought milkshakes were a good idea; we had to pull the car over so Snidgey could barf.

More stories (and pictures) later -- just wanted to let y'all know we're not dead.
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Snidgey in da hizzie
Awwwww yeah, yo. She arrived late last night, whereby we proceeded to consume beer and pizza, and now she's making herself all pretty for her lunch date while I lament the fact that I? likely won't be drinking tomorrow night at the show because the Great Infection of June 2005 has not let up and instead is dumping great gobs of green down my throat. It's pretty. And yeah, I know I still gotta get y'all up to speed on the DtR meeting. We'll get there, but suffice it to say, I am up some of my money.
Tuesday, June 14, 2005
I know you wanna know …
but it's going to have to wait until tomorrow, because I'm one. beat. Broad. (But not in a physically abusive way, promise.)

Sweet dreams, yo.
D-Day: 6 p.m.
That's when the deal goes down, yo. He's not going to be able to give me all the cash at one time -- which I guess I wouldn't have expected him to, although that could've been a really extra-SWEET weekend, boy -- but what he's planning on giving will be just fine for downtown shopping at all the right places.

Yes, I know some of y'all are worried that I'm walking into a complete nightmare; don't think that hasn't been on my mind, too. Therefore, I'm posting this e-mail I sent to him last night as my thoughts to the world on the subject:
All right, then how about Starbucks at the Star around 6-ish? (Normally I'd say the bar by the pool in the hotel, but I try not to drink while I'm working -- especially when it involves high school kids.)As for coming alone, that's fine, but know that there are people who *will* know where I'm going to be, and they know who YOU are. Sounds harsh, I realize, but (the) way I see it, the chances that the transformation you've undergone over the last 14 years has turned you into an axe murderer are just as good as them turning you into a sentient human being. I might be quixotic, but I'm not a retard.

No pressure, of course. ...

That way, if I turn up dead, you'll know he'd been warned.

Ok, that made absolutely NO sense, but I'm also working on very little sleep here, because my throat? Is in ribbons.
The hed on one of my news thingys today reads
JACKSON ENDING SLEEPOVERS IN HIS ROOM.

Shut-UP! Seriously!?!?
See what I won’t do for company? In pictures
Take a good gander, because this? Rarely ever happens.
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Coming together quite rightly again, if only I could find a brown halter
Ok, so remember the Here's to Life show back in March? The one where the Fab FoxWad Five was born? Well, we getting it all back on this weekend for a doubleheader. Thursday night, Snidgey arrives, and then Friday, after Snidgey gets worked over by EWK, we'll be joined by this hottie for Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers plus Shurman and BtL at McCool's once again (no whining, you. Then Saturday will be downtown shopping, where we'll be joined by this chick and her man, and then Roger Clyne at the HoB. Sunday? I'll no doubt be in a coma.

Anyone wanna come clean my crib?
Girl does know her limits
It's not the party I'm worried about; it's the after-party that always ends up turning into Studio 54, with me either doing drugs or ending up in the broom closet blowing the gym teacher.

--Mer on why she can't go the teachers' end-of-the-year party anymore.

Incidentally, she was telling me that their IS in fact a way to make a different number come up on caller ID using a cell phone, because her creepy, girl-beating ex did it to her several times after she got the restraining order on him.
Saturday, June 11, 2005
Knew it couldn’t last
The extreme sleepiness, the scratchy throat, the bloody sputum I hacked from my throat this morning, the welling up with tears during Griffith High School's rendition of "The Incredibles"* at commencement last night? Oh. Yeah. It's a fucking sinus infection, and I'm getting it as I need to be cleaning the crib and preparing for the lovely Snidge's arrival next weekend. And here, I was all excited that I'd gotten through most of the winter without succumbing to some mucous-laden travesty. Son of a bitch, man.
Friday, June 10, 2005
Stupid cancer stories making me cry
Read this: Lookit. It's a story about a 23 year-old woman's battle with sarcoma.
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Finally the tables are starting to turn …
Horked from Mac, this needs no 'splainin': Lookit.

If our lefty leaders ain't going to get their asses in gear and jump on this tidbit, then perhaps we out here in the 'sphere need do it from the ground up. I mean, I'm all about pointing out that Perkins is a racist jackass. How about y'all!?

Then again -- and I'm picking this up after finishing a story, so you're not seeing things -- I wonder how much the uber-right has been able to infiltrate the African-American community.
Get out. I’m shocked. Shocked, I say. Yawn.
Just got off the phone with the detective, and he talked with my aunt. According to him, she acted like she didn't know what he was talking about at first, but then she copped to it when he told her that I said I left a message for them. So she tells them they're going on a family vacation (which they are) and that when they get back, Crackhead will certainly talk to them. He made a note to call them on the 13th.

Mmmhmmmm.
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
No apologies
So of course now that I've decided I'll deal with DtR, I don't hear from him today at all.

I didn't have time to go through the whole exchange between us yesterday, but basically, he said he wanted to make amends and that he's become a different person and so on and so forth, and that while his recollection of the figure he owed me was different, he wasn't necessarily going to argue with me. So I asked "What's the catch?" because you KNOW there's always a catch within everything we do whether we want to admit it or not, but he swears there isn't one. Even gives me his cell digits and says I can post them wherever I want if I don't believe him (which leads ME to believe he's found ol' Chez Broad here, and that's ... fine, I guess, but the digits do pan out). I write back and tell him that he'd gotten my attention and that I wasn't about to wreak havoc with his wife and family because, as we all know, I have enough crap at any given time without having a hostile wife killing my buzz. And then today, I told him the rest of the week was problematic so could we perhaps do it next week at some point. That's where it's been left. Now, of course it's only been one day and there are a million legitimate reasons why he may not have responded, but I don't trust him.

And see, that's kind of the problem, here. It's like, I get forgiveness and have a rather large capacity for it, as some of y'all know, but I'm having a time with this one. I mean, like I said, this goes way beyond the stupid shit you deal with after you break up with someone when you're in your early 20s. There was abuse, both emotional and physical, although I'm still loathe to even call the latter "abuse" because when it happened, I honestly didn't realize that's what it was until I found out months later that he attempted the same thing on a friend of mine he was trying to bed, except she was strong enough to fend him off. (THERE'S an interesting one for all you analyzers out there. Emotional abuse is beautiful bitch, ain't it?) And believe you me, I realize I don't have to do a DAMN thing if I don't want to, and won't. It's just a really hard thing for me to get my head around.

Besides, I've already thought about all the things I need to do with the money, and if that's yanked out from under me, I'm going to be sorely pissed. Not surprised in any way, shape or form, but pissed.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
That just beats all, don’t it?
Ok, so I totally didn't take Snidgey's advice and went ahead and popped off at DtR; said that if he gives me the $950 he owes me, we could talk about mending fences. I mean, as Wad said as he reconfigured my Palm earlier, if I were to piss him off, what would I lose? Nothing, right?(Sorry, Dix, and after you praised me for my restraint.)

Yeah, except I wasn't counting on him saying that he wants to PAY ME BACK.
Page 2 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3 >